So the blogging journey begins. How to blog and bring honor and glory to God. My goal as a daughter of the king (which makes me a Princess) will be to uncover the intimacy of knowing, loving, abiding & trusting in Him. But first we need to uncover a few things like Who is God? and Who am I in Him? As well as how do you become a vessel unto honor--as his Perfect Word states--"Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, & another unto dishonour?" I'll use the KJV 1611 version of the Bible, Abiding in Christ (Murray), His Princess-love letters from your king (Shepherd), Trusting God (Bridges) & my own personal experiences as references for this study. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

To Wait or Not to Wait? - That is the Question

So, last night I am in deep conversation...if you know me, then you know how "deep" my "deep" really is!!! LOL. Anyhow, as a friend and I are talking he brings up the random topic of his tattoo (which to my surprise I did not know he even had). He tells me the following story and as I listen I wonder, "what on earth is he telling me this for and why is this random story something he feels he needs to share with me right now?" As I continue to listen, I can't help but find the spiritual application that Christ sent to me thru this "random thought" shared by a friend.
READ ON:

My friend was so excited to go out and get a tattoo a while back. He explained to me that this was at a time when it was still "very rare" to see people "accessorizing their bodies" w/ink. Brother Weeze (some radio guy--not as in Brother-in-Christ--pray for him) had opened a tattoo shop and my friend thought this would be the best place to go and get "inked". Why not? This radio personality was well known, tattoos were becoming all the rage and you should be able to trust in a well known name, right? He reminds me of how excited he was to go get this tattoo--that he can hardly wait! So the story continues...he gets this tattoo (to be honest, I don't even know what it is) from this "somewhat celebrity shop" and was one of the first people to be inked here! He bragged on how he didn't wait and that this was one of the first pieces done from the shop. Well, he didn't really know how or pay attention to the instructions to take care of it. (If you know anything about tattoos, they cut into your skin, inject ink into the pigmentation and then they scab over, then heal and you have the finished product.) Well, he is in such a hurry for this to scab and heal, that once the scab forms, he scrubs the tattoo w/a loofah to remove the scabbing to "hurry up" the process of healing so he can show off his newfound body art. In doing this, scrubbing and removal, he has scarred his expensive art. This means that within his tattoo, there are scars--blank pieces of no color--that he contributed to do to his impatience.....

So, I hear the story, then I begin to think of why he could be telling me this. Sometimes we are in such a hurry to heal from the trials and tribulations we are experiencing, that we try to rush God. The more we try to push ahead of schedule, the more we try (in our own strength) to get over it, the more we miss the "beauty of the art" of what our Maker is creating. We end up actually "scarring" ourselves and marring our "body" due to our impatience.

If only we would wait on the Lord and trust fully in Him....we can be who He designed us to be.

5 comments:

David S Baker said...

thats a hard thing to wait for when you first start to get ink, you just want it to look like all the other tattoos you see around and not to have a scab on it, or be shinny or any of that stuff. but after you get like 10 or 20, you start to realize thats the only time it will look this way, and that the ink is nice and dark or bright (for color) till it flakes off. so, i came to the place where i stopped wanting it to heal, and wanted it to stay raw.

David S Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina said...

Just like Christianity, we don't want to wait to be what God wants us to be...we want to just hurdle over the "in between" stuff! Psalms 27:14  Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalms 37:34  ¶Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
Proverbs 20:22  ¶Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.....
Again, this all goes back into my study....purpose of this blog... trusting in Him...which requires obedience and waiting!!! ;0)

Kevin P said...

eye opening - wasnt quite ready for spiritual application coming from a tattoo. certainly is true - someone once said, impatience brought about the death of prayer. be careful for nothing, but by prayer and supplication...

Christina said...

Thanks kev...again this goes back to me doing what i like to do best...taking the things of this world and turning them into tools to talk about the things of God!
:-)