So the blogging journey begins. How to blog and bring honor and glory to God. My goal as a daughter of the king (which makes me a Princess) will be to uncover the intimacy of knowing, loving, abiding & trusting in Him. But first we need to uncover a few things like Who is God? and Who am I in Him? As well as how do you become a vessel unto honor--as his Perfect Word states--"Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, & another unto dishonour?" I'll use the KJV 1611 version of the Bible, Abiding in Christ (Murray), His Princess-love letters from your king (Shepherd), Trusting God (Bridges) & my own personal experiences as references for this study. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Standing Like a Flamingo


I can obey God. I understand this concept quite simply. He tells me what to do and what not to do and I can clearly choose to obey or not to. I find His rules in the Word of God...not just the law but throughout all scriptures He has commanded us to follow Him. Although, I may not want to obey all the "rules," I do concede that they are good for me. You should know that in fact, I love rules. Structure has always been key to my life. Rules set a precedence, a requirement/standard if you must. They are the foundation of boundaries. In fact, I can even use scripture to support the need for order....1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

Even with my passion to abide by the "rules" and to "Obey God", I find myself finding it much more difficult to Trust in Him. I know the verses of Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. I have heard the lyrics, "I will walk by faith even when I cannot see." I meditate on these and ask God to allow them to be true in my heart. God has led me to have studied out how to abide in Christ thru John 15 so that Christ can be most glorified. Yet still, when a storm blows in, when a trial hits me in the face, as tribulation enters my life.... I find myself on shaky ground.

If Christ, is my Rock, my Salvation, my Foundation, why can I not stand fast in the faith. Why do I waiver like a two year old trying to do a flamingo-stand? It is simply that I do not fully trust in God and His sovereignty. It is that not everything has been fully surrendered...it is that I still think that maybe I have something to do with this.

Yet I can't help but be reminded that "It has never occurred to God that He is not me!"

May God continue to speak to my heart clearly and continue to challenge me to search His Word for the answers that are still waiting for me to discover so that I may "Trust In Him."

2 comments:

Kevin P said...

relax - understanding that God is sovereign should be a great relief. By definition, it simply means that the Lord is in complete control!! Enjoy the ride :)

Christina said...

So the book, Trusting God by Jerry Bridges, ya know one of the books i am using for this study....is so right on re: sovereignty and trust along w/obedience. I can't wait to keep studying this! Again, you know my fear though!!!!!