So the blogging journey begins. How to blog and bring honor and glory to God. My goal as a daughter of the king (which makes me a Princess) will be to uncover the intimacy of knowing, loving, abiding & trusting in Him. But first we need to uncover a few things like Who is God? and Who am I in Him? As well as how do you become a vessel unto honor--as his Perfect Word states--"Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, & another unto dishonour?" I'll use the KJV 1611 version of the Bible, Abiding in Christ (Murray), His Princess-love letters from your king (Shepherd), Trusting God (Bridges) & my own personal experiences as references for this study. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Lesson #2-Jesus died for Me?


So, the journey continues and I am well on my way. This week we focused on "Untying the Cords of the Yoke (Burden)." The texts used were: Isaiah 61:1-4, Isaiah 53:1-12, Hebrews 2:6-10

This lesson was difficult, although it touched me greatly is a sweet way, I have difficulty putting this one into my own words. When I meditate on this, all I can think of is what Jesus really did for me. He died on the cross!!! What does this mean? What did this feel like? Why would He do such a thing--really what does this look like? I'm not talking about all the pictures and paintings that are sold at "Religious Novelty Shops" or hanging in churches or scenes from a movie--but truly what does this look like and can I really understand or grasp this concept?? It is mind baffling and yet so sweet.
This lesson to me focused on "Christ being like a root out of dry ground so we could be a planting of the Lord." Jesus was "like a root out of dry ground, so I, I, Christina, could be a planting of the Lord?" Really? So according to our imaginations (which is limited by our humanness), picture a flower bulb being planted in the hard, cold ground that FORCES itself to push itself up through all the dirt and snow gradually producing a beautiful flower or plant. I guess that is what we can liken that too.



We are that bulb that is blossoming into a flower in the cold, hard ground because we are a planting of the Lord Jesus.

No comments: