So the blogging journey begins. How to blog and bring honor and glory to God. My goal as a daughter of the king (which makes me a Princess) will be to uncover the intimacy of knowing, loving, abiding & trusting in Him. But first we need to uncover a few things like Who is God? and Who am I in Him? As well as how do you become a vessel unto honor--as his Perfect Word states--"Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, & another unto dishonour?" I'll use the KJV 1611 version of the Bible, Abiding in Christ (Murray), His Princess-love letters from your king (Shepherd), Trusting God (Bridges) & my own personal experiences as references for this study. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Journey Begins: Breaking Free


So I am about to embark on a journey. No need to pack my bags; yet there are several things I believe I will be "unpacking". I am not going anywhere such as a location; yet this journey will most likely take me to the innermost parts of my heart and soul. My Friend, My Beloved, has been calling me for a long time to plan a scheduled visit--and although I've hit the "ignore" button--He just won't leave nor forsake me. I must go on this journey--despite my dragging heels and my deepest fears. I will be committed to these "travels" for 10 consecutive weeks, Lord willing. As part of my travels, I always journal while I fly. Seeing as this will be painful yet rewarding, I felt I should blog about this "trip/experience" and share with others (if anyone reads this--lol) so that I can reflect from beginning to end. Allow me to explain.

I have run. I have closed doors. I have tried to flee. But my Lord and Saviour won't let me go. He is not holding me prisoner yet He affectionately and patiently just waits for me to return. This is something I simply cannot comprehend-why He loves me so. Why He cares for me to be a part of Him and His purposes. One thing I do know for sure is that it is so and that is it. He beckons to me daily showing Himself to me; yet I, I pretend I don't recognize Him for I am fearful of His chastisement. I am ashamed that I do not deserve His love as a wretched sinner--despite being born again. I have decided to meet Him again-in the Secret Place. I have accepted His invitation (that He extended to me thru His followers) to reunite with Him. As I go to meet Him and to experience this reunion, I NEED to document the experience. Follow along, as if tucked in my suitcase with me. Cry and laugh with me as what I will experience will be deafening heartfelt and real.

I have begun a study w/some lovely ladies who love me so as if they themselves were Jesus. They forgive me and feel my pain as if they experience it themselves. We prayed about what study would be best for "where I am at in this season of my life" (see early blog posts re: seasons) and together it was decided that I needed to "Break free." What do I need to break free from? The strongholds that strongly hold me back from doing what I was created to do. The study we will be embracing is called "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. (Feel free to join this journey w/me as it is available to all at any local bookstore!) Come back soon to hear about my first lesson and the valuable insight that I received from it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love B.Moore. I participated in a study of hers called, "Believing God". I will be following your blog on this .. In Christs Love.

Christina said...

Thanks, it's nice to know someone will be reading. :-) I can't guarantee u will like what u read but it will be the truth of my experience! That's all I can promise.

jen said...

I love you, my friend!!!

Gail said...

Welcome to an amazing journey my Princess sister - God is so good!

Janice said...

It is amazing the Gentle Savior we serve knows us better than we think we know ourselves ... and loves us still passionately. I will be following along with you and praying and loving you throughout!

Christina said...

Jen, Gail and Jan~ You are some of my most beautiful friends! Thank u so much for all of your love, support and prayers! I'll be relying on those!!!! Thanks again. xo